Monday, May 4, 2009

Yeah, I just twatted, so what?

Thank you twitter, you have allowed a whole new layer of impersonal connection between people.

If Facebook and Myspace weren't intrusive enough, someone creates a network where all you have to do is update your status (tweet), and then everyone knows what you are thinking, doing or neither.

I would be lying if i claimed i never twatted. Yes, i have twatted. I was curious and everyone else was doing it (at least it wasn't a bridge this time). Did i enjoy it? Not really, it was rather shallow and unsatisfying.

The whole idea of twitter is ridiculous. Unless you are Megan Fox twittering to tell me that you want me to tweet you soon, i could care less (I'd so tweet that).

This form of social network is producing a whole new breed of stalkers, or twitsters (people who think they're hipsters because they read peoples tweets, get a life and some relevancy), who either have too much time on their hands or are so involved with themselves that they feel an urge to tell everyone what they are thinking or doing.

I cannot claim tweet virginity, however i wont try to claim to be a born again social networker and say my past tweet didn't count. But what i can do is address the redundancy which is Twitter. Remove twitter from your I(need a life)phone and Crack Berry, take a deep breath and know you wont waste anymore time on that pointless self indulgence website. Go back to the how can i block that person again Facebook and the awkawrd friend requesting strangers on Myspace. Because i vow, if twitter remains strong for 6 more months, i will start a social network site called "Teebag", and the next big topic of conversation will be asking friends "why haven't you 'teebagged' me yet?"

Still wondering why this guy is still relevant?


Kdubs

4 comments:

  1. Good point I think twitter should be more memo based, for example (check out this site enter link her).I think its a poor social network site that is to vague because of the 140 characters.But for people constantly updating it every second I really don't see the point

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are called "Tweets"

    also, it should be noted that there is a 60% dropoff rate of users after the first month.

    doubly also, Oprah uses twitter now... god help us all

    and finally, I think the teabag idea is perfect... make sure to trademark that before Sarah Palin or someone from The Hills does...
    (why are they famous!!!?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What do you mean "Why haven't you teabagged me yet?" I just teabagged you this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, they are called "tweets" however check out: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Twatted&defid=3817336

    If Colbert calls the past tense of tweet "twatted", then it must be correct.

    ReplyDelete